Get ideas & inspirations delivered to your inbox. You won't want to miss a thing, so subscribe free to the Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates on the latest projects, shop news, blog tutorials & more. Check out the Project Gallery, Garden, Recipes & Inspirations tabs above, to see what you have missed. Browse through the sidebar for this week's Popular Posts!
**Please note: Some links may be broken, if this happens, please let me know which post & search for the title of a post on the search tab on the right while I work on fixing the problem.---->

DIY: Advent Calendar

DIY Advent Calendar

Today I'm exited to show you my first handmade Advent 
Calendar.  I had fun creating it & my little man couldn't wait for
it to be completed.  I saw this one on Pinterest,
but couldn't find the original post for it anywhere. 
I decided to make mine with yarn & jute twine lacing.  
If you like it, and want to create your own, here is what you will need:
    
     SUPPLIES
    - plain board as seen below
    - yarn & jute twill
    - white craft paint
    - paint brush
    - clothes pins
    - washi tape, paint, glitter double sided tape or glitter sticker craft paper...(be creative)
    - strong glue like E6ooo
    - red marker
    - drill
I began by having Mr. M drill holes around the board two inches apart from one 
another and an inch off the side of the board.
Then I painted my board in white and set it aside to dry.

While my board dried, I decorated the clothes pins with washi tape.  I used several 
variations such as red glitter, silver glitter, dotted red washi tape and so on. 
After I finished off my clothes pins, and the paint was dry on the board,  I grabbed my 
strings and started lacing them around the board.  I tied the end off to keep it sturdy.  
After the board was laced, I added a boarder with the silver and white washi tape.
I think it gives it a finished look.  

Once my border was done, I glued each clothes pin to the board.
I'll be honest, I didn't measure the distance between them, 
I just eye balled it to look parallel from one another if that makes any sense.  
After gluing them, they were set to dry.

How to make  Advent Calendar
 I used a red marker to make my numbers.  I wrote each one over each pin.

There you have it, our first handmade Advent Calendar, my son loves it!
Will you have an Advent Calendar this year?
Happy Crafting!





Pin It button on image hover